Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Did it have to be so scary..?

Just to post off craft topic for a moment...I would like to discuss Toy Story 3. If you have not seen it then I suggest you either look away or if you enjoy spoilers go for it ;o)

Now I have loved the Toy Story Franchise since it began but really...what went wrong with TS3? I get it was made for those of us that have grown up with Buzz, Woody and the gang but c'mon! The cymbal bashing monkey that watched the monitors...he scared the life out of me when he 'sounded the alarm' The Lazy eyed baby made me feel terribly uncomfortable, I have never liked those dolls that have the open/close eyes...when they go wrong ;o) And the pizza bread Potato head!!! That was gross!!!

Now don't get me wrong...there were the odd funny moments....mainly the Spanish speaking Buzz and Ken was so funny and delightful he almost stole the show...but I struggle to remember much more. The scary moments stick with me more than any 'happy' moments...yes I did cry when the toys held hands and awaited their destiny and the odd tear was shed when Andy passed his toys on to the 'next generation' but parents should have been made aware that there are extreme scary scenes for kids.

In the cinema I attended, kids were crying...and parents were having to take them out of the cinema! I wanted to see it first before I took my 4 year old to see if it was suitable....NO WAY!!!! Granted our daughter does suffer from frequent nightmares and I was not going to add to her repertoire with family favourites. She won't even watch the original TS with Sid the toy mashing delinquent...he scares her...so imagine if he scares her how on earth would she handle the psycho cymbal bashing monkey with the the freaky poking out eyes *shudder*....

Anyway...this was all brought on by a post on FB about how much people enjoyed TS3, all adults. Yes I will add to their enormous profit margin by purchasing the DVD but I will not let my daughter watch it...for quite some time!! Here endeth the rant ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment